Welcome to ‘The Wide Spectrum’ dementia education resource website
by: Dr. Gemma MM. Jones
The purpose of this site:
– to help promote good dementia care by providing information, newsletters and supportive educational / teaching materials.
– to be an arena for innovations and ongoing developments in the new field of care-giving in dementia (or dementia care).
– to highlight the less visible aspects of caring- the constant balancing and support required to link the ‘external requirements’ and ‘inner aspects’ of caring well.
All aspects of caring will be acknowledged – the frustrations and failures as well as the achievements and successes. Concepts, guiding principles, current research, and anecdotes will be added to the site regularly via the TAD Newsletters.
To sign-up for the free TAD Newsletter, please click here
– See the added audio and video material on the Video tab
– The book:
– ABOUT DEMENTIA: FOR FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN
written and illustrated by Dr. Gemma Jones, dementia care consultant, has been translated into Dutch and Portuguese. For information on how to purchase copies, please contact:
To read the latest ‘Thoughts About Dementia’ (TAD) newsletters by Gemma Jones, please click on the ‘Newsletters and Articles’ tab.
Dr. Jones speaking at the IPA conference in the Hague (2011)
Dr. Jones presenting at the International Geriatric conference in Vancouver (2018).
Contact details: TheWideSpectrum@AOL.com